Registered owners of all Kennel Club Registered dogs accept the jurisdiction of the Kennel Club and undertake to abide by this general code of ethics.
1. Owners will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2. Owners will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or to those carrying out official duties.
3. Owners will ensure that their dogs will wear properly tagged collars and shall be kept fully leashed or under effective control when away from home.
4. Owners will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
5. Owners will agree without reservation that any Veterinary Surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs, which alters the natural conformation of the animal may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
6. Owners agree not to breed from a bitch in any way, which is deleterious to the bitch or the breed. It is the Scottish Dobermann Club’s recommendation that no Bitch will be bred from more often than once per 12 calendar month period, or mated before 2 years of age. She should be free from known communicable disease and hereditary medical defects. No bitch will produce more than 4 litters, nor will she be mated on or after her seventh birthday.
7. Owners agree only to sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the rehoming of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
8. Owners will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
9. Owners will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind.
10. Owners will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs or mislead any person regarding the quality of the dog.
11. Owners will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, including a copy of this code..
To foster and promote the interests of the Breed generally, always bearing in mind that the Dobermann is a Working Dog.
To encourage X-raying and examination of the Dobermann for Hip Displasia; the DNA testing for Von Willebrands Disease [vWD]; the eye examination for PHPV & Annual the blood test, echo cardiogram & 24 hour holter monitoring for Dilated Cardiomyopathy [DCM] and any other hereditary diseases. The club would encourage that dogs with satisfactory results be included in future breeding plans. Also create opportunities for the training for, and including off, Breed and Obedience Shows and Working disciplines.
Please click on the picture to view it full size....... If you have any old SDC pictures and would like them added to this page please feel free to e mail me and i'll get them added - email@example.com